SPIPA was established by the Government of Gujarat in 1962 as the apex Training Institution of the state. The Institute was renamed as Sardar Patel Institute of Public Administration in 1974. It became on autonomous body (registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860) in October 2004, so as to gain that essential flexibility in fulfilling its role and meeting the expectations of the State Government.
"SPIPA is a great source of inspiration and guarantee for future." Shri Sujal J. Mayatra, IAS
Supernumerary Assistant Coll., Dahod SPIPA was a 'New World Knowledge'." Shri Parag V. Shah
Asst. Municipal Commi., New West Zone "SPIPA provides an ideal launching platform for anyone aspiring to become civil servant." Shri Saurabh D. Patel
Asst. Municipal Commi., Central Zone